TV Guide Interview With Abrams (from last month) Now Online
Friday, August 11, 2006
Last month we reported highlights of a TV Guide interview with Star Trek XI producer JJ Abrams. The full interview is now online at TVGuide.com. A few websites are picking up this interview as a new, but it is actually the same interview from last month (just now in web form). If you saw the earlier report, then there is no new information. Regardless, it is a good read to get a bit more insight into the man who has Star Trek's future in his hands.
The following are the highlights in easy to digest bullet points:
- Scifi show influences: Twilight Zone and The Prisoner
- Favorite: Twilight Zone (fave episode: "Where is Everybody")
- Considers Lost to be 'Scifi'...kept this secret from ABC
- Will be more involved in Lost Season 3 than Season 2
- Describes being involved with Trek 'surreal but wonderful'
- Fan of Star Trek (Original Series) and Star Trek: The Next Generation, not so much others (DS9, VOY, ENT)
- Has all DVD's of all Trek series
- Would only take Trek if Paramount had 'open mind'
- Still wont talk specifics yet
- In the middle of "breaking the story" (NOTE: at time of interview last month)
- Wants to start film production sooner rather than later, but not until ready
- STXI Story 'honors canon' but is 'nothing seen before'
- Respects Trek fans, has learned a lot from Lost fans
- Believes Trek endures because of 'it's characters and emotional connection'
posted by Tony P @ 7:52 AM,
- At 8:48 AM, Captain Pike said...
STXI Story 'honors canon' but is 'nothing seen before'
This worries me a little bit. I would not really enjoy something like the 'Enteprise' Xindi quest fiasco.
- At 6:43 PM, said...
Maybe we'll find out why the Klingons hate humans so much.Is it because of the early humanoid Klingons?Oh no ,I think I'm turning into a star trek geek.